The next Cooperative Severe Accident Research Program (CSARP) technical review meeting, MELCOR Code Assessment Program (MCAP) meeting, the International MACCS User Group (IMUG) Meeting, and MACCS User Workshop will be held virtually.
The dates for the virtual meetings are as follows:
- CSARP/MCAP Technical Review Meetings: August 31 – September 4, 2020
- IMUG Meeting: August 31 – September 2, 2020
- MACCS User Workshop: September 3, 2020
The purpose of the CSARP/MCAP meetings is to exchange technical information on severe accident research including experiments and analytical models to address regulatory and safety issues.
The virtual meetings information for CSARP/MCAP is as follows (no MELCOR workshop this year):
- Platform: Microsoft Teams (Links will be provided by Sandia) – open only to CSARP members
- Start time: 6:00 AM US Eastern Time (UTC-4; 12:00 PM Paris; 7:00 PM Tokyo)
- Sessions: 4 hours maximum each day
- Presentation: 20 minutes maximum including Q/A
Download the CSARP/MCAP Preliminary Agenda
The IMUG meeting is a forum for the exchange of information and research experience among users of the MACCS code. The MACCS User Workshop is a training course for the MACCS computer code that is intended to provide demonstrations to users of the model’s capabilities.
The virtual meetings information for IMUG/MACCS Workshop is as follows:
- Platform: WebEx (Links will be provided) – open to the public
- Start time: 8:00 AM US Eastern Time (UTC-4; 2:00 PM Paris; 9:00 PM Tokyo)
- Sessions: 3 to 3.5 hours, with possible midday sessions
More information on IMUG and the MACCS Workshop is available at https://maccs.sandia.gov/events.aspx. For the MACCS workshop, we encourage participants to have the newly released version, MACCS v4.0. Registered MACCS code users can add MACCS v4.0 to their download accounts (https://melcor.sandia.gov/MD4/) by sending their request to firstname.lastname@example.org and paying the code upgrade fee, if applicable. For more information on MACCS code fees or how to become a registered MACCS user, please go to https://maccs.sandia.gov/getcode.aspx. (Please register to become a MACCS user as soon as possible to allow time to process your request.)